Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Over a year later and something's afoot...

I’ve been taking a different direction in my life lately. Gotten back into an almost daily (at least 4x a week) yoga practice. Isn’t it something that we come to something, leave it, but come back again. I’ve practiced different forms of yoga on and off for most of my adult life. It started in high school with a savvy gym teacher and that famous little book by Richard Hittleman. Here I am over 30 years later, back in the saddle again. I seem to be enjoying it much more these days. Maybe it’s the form: I started with hatha, went to kundalini, which I still enjoy, and now I think I’ve finally found what suits me, an ashtanga/vinyasa style. Potent, but also very relaxing when done patiently and modified within my own capabilities. The way yoga is practiced, taught, and learned has changed in so many ways in the last 30 years! So many “styles” to choose from, like a river diverging into so many streams all headed for the same ocean; something to fit every person’s inclination. I am of a spiritual bent, so it isn’t just “exercise” for me. Yoga is becoming a fluid moving meditation. Good way to get and stay centered and live my life in gratitude. I think this time it’s going to stay awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home